Thursday, September 24, 2009

Abstract


Day 4 . . . an abstract acrylic painting, using red, yellow, black and white.

I had something in mind while painting this, but I'd rather not say for a bit to see what people get from it. Plus, abstract is supposed to be . . .well . . . abstract. :) I haven't done much abstract work, but it actually took quite a long time. I think that was because my perfectionist mentality seeped in today, but I managed to eventually walk away...

What I would have done differently: put in a white wash background at the beginning and allowed it to dry. It was a pain how the colors seemed to fuzz outward slightly, catching all the little bumps of the canvas.


Cheers!

PS. sorry about the reflection from the flash . . . again, it's passed midnight and the lighting is terrible. maybe I'll take a better one tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I agree with Caroline. The first thing that came to mind was an octopus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and red, the Anarchists colours, merging over a washed out, faint hearted liberal yellow - am I reading too much into this? I never knew you had it in you, Monica, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! nice Stephen! definitely reading a lot into it, but I like the way you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Monica!!! I love it!!! So intertwined, together and one!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! <3 Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheesh! You've had more comments on your blog in the first five days than I've had during my entire BLOG EXPERIENCE! Your work is just that inspiring.. .: )!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favourite of the week! It reminds me of Loch Ness Monsters in love.

    ~Aimée

    ReplyDelete